Friday, May 16, 2008

Some things never change

It's 5:22 on a friday and I'm at that weird restless point. Could go out but Steve isn't home yet and I can't drink. 5:oo always does it for me. Too late to start anything productive, too early to start dinner or head out for the night. It's been this way since I was a kid. I actually remember napping at 5 when I was little. Like - elementary school little. Mom would almost be home from work and the homework would be done and tv would promptly start to suck. All of my friends would have to go home - we'd all have to head home if we'd been out in the park (OMG those days when we paraded around right under the noses of people who'd want to snatch us up. Playing at parks outside with No Parents. We were so Pushing The Envelope...) So I'd stretch out on the floor with a book and a snack and more times than not mom would walk in and wake me up.

Ok, mostly that was when I was having a growth spurt, I guess. And probably didn't happen as often as I remember it, but it stands out. So there you go.

I don't really have anything to say. I picked up canning supplies today. Wish me luck with that...

And here, for your kohl-rimmed eyes and moussed -up hair enjoyment: the new Cure single. (that's another that hasn't changed in 20 years: Robert Smith's hair.)

No comments: