Saturday, November 3, 2007

You know what I like?

Basketball. College Basketball. And, conveniently, guess what time of year it is? (www.goduke.com will get you what you need ;-) )

It's also Hockey season. November 16th, baby. If you're reading this and you also have plans for the Stars game that night, please keep in mind that the Neimans Tree Lighting is happening at the same time and parking is going to be nightmarish. And that I'll be taking pictures of the tree the next day, I guess. I <3 Christmas.

So I decided ( to change the subject) that the Pixelmator, which seemed so promising with its filters and its layers, is actually a gigantic waste of my time. It seems smart but really it's stupid. So I'm downloading an Aperture trial. NYC and Pumpkin Patch photos will be uploaded once I determine how much fiddling around I'll be doing with them.


In other news, I figured out the reason that I didn't get so into Halloween this year. Because while I certainly never stared Death in the face, I was reminded pretty frequently that it was in the next room and I was a lucky girl. Apparently I was reminded often enough that when Steve made an innocent comment at dinner in NY (the big family dinner) I snapped and told him that we're never talking about how close I came to dying again. Seriously. It pissed me off. So Halloween was anti=climactic and I find myself wanting to fast-forward to Christmas so I can decorate and do warm-fuzzy things. (I don't decorate for Thanksgiving. Too many phallic symbols and Turkey butts for my taste.)

But first I must strip our coffee table. It's glossy white which seemed like a good idea at the time but which now just does not work. I'll post pictures ;-) I'll do halloween, too. We hung out at Thomas's until my head drove us home. It was fun. Saw Celeste and Vinny and Caroline for 30 seconds. I think it's a good thing I'm so behind on the blogging and the webpage updates. I may be a genetically-trained archiver, but I still enjoying doing all of thee things I'm archiving. Fo sho.

Peace out. Yo.

No comments: