Friday, October 5, 2007

Confessions

I was at Target and I bought the new Harper's Bazaar just because Mary Kate Olsen is on the cover.

I watched Gossip Girl and painted my nails vamp after work. Then I scoured the internet for the hat that Serena was wearing in the last scene of the episode. To no avail, alas...

I couldn't even make it through the first 15 minutes of RENT. I don't care if Taye Diggs is hot.

Scarlett Johansen (sp?) does nothing for me. I see the appeal, but she's not my type.

I have the Devil Wears Prada almost memorized and yet I still watch it whenever I'm having a case of the Fargos. I will probably own the Gossip Girl series on DVD and the same will apply to that.

We have too much furniture.

I am as shallow as a kiddie pool (although I guess that's not news...)

While I do have Bill Clinton's new book (Giving) and a book about the downfall of luxury on hold at the library, I also have the new Gossip Girl and the new Scott Westerfeld on hold. I might still be a 17 year old kid, for all we know.

I had a dream last night and my little brothers were in it. It ended the way it ended in real life - with me not talking to them anymore. I've been dreaming a lot about people I don't talk to anymore lately. Maybe it's got something to do with the swelling - my short term memory is shit, but my subconscious keeps pulling up things I've buried and playing them for me in my dreams. Seriously - it's weird. And some of them are cathartic and when it ends it feels final and I'm ok with it when I wake up, but some of them make me want to give that person a call. Not like I'd even know where to begin to find their numbers. Or what I would say. Can you imagine? "Hi, I almost died and I had a dream about you while my brain was still swollen so I thought I'd call you up and see how you are. How are you?" There's no PC response to that. I imagine a lot of awkward silences.

I haven't written my query letter yet. All of a sudden Steve is all about reading and revising and if I've got another round to do, I'd like to do it before I start pimping it out.

I'm going to use the storyboard feature that I found in one of my iwork programs to layout my next novel. I've got the soundtrack all planned. And I even know what the climax will be. It hit me in the car today. Remember the scene from Scream where Lars Ulrich (hottie) and the other guy are telling what's her face their plan and they say "Everyone Dies But Us" over and over - it was sortof like that, except that's not my climactic point. I'm not telling you my climactic point, you'll just have to read it.

I've decided my 3rd book is going to focus on high school kids. Might as well put all this researchy stuff (ok - obsession) to good use. And by the time I get to book 3 the Twins will be freshmen and I can pick their brains. I look forward to it.

Ok - have to go finish my Bazaar and do something about dinner.

Ciao!

No comments: