Thursday, October 9, 2008

A little bit of stuff.

Item one: Do not let your sweet potatoes/yams sit too long before you use them or they'll end up looking like this:



If we had a backyard, they would have been planted. But we don't so they were de-rooted and cooked. They were yummy, too.

Item two: The Jewish High Holy Days = a day off for Emily. I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. They're yummy. Also - the wine room at Pogo's (the only work we did today) is looking smashing. Seriously. When it's finished it's going to be delish. Trust.

Item three: rescued a fifty-or-so year-old card catalogue from mom's library. It's solid wood and weighs FOUR MILLION POUNDS. It's still in my trunk. Yes, it fit in the Fit. My car is awesome. And even with a 4,000,000lb hunk of solid wood in the back of my car weighing it down, I bet I STILL got well over 30mpg on the highway. Take that, SUVs! As soon as I can get it upstairs it will go in between the fabulous tufted suede chairs. I'll post photos etc on the embrita site. :-)

Item four: all of my dinner alarms are going off. Time to go drool over - I mean watch Josh Lyman. On the West Wing.

PS - Item five: Yes, it is tasty that Jonathan Rhys Meyers spends a LOT of naked time on screen in the Tudors. But I still couldn't get into it enough to dedicate an hour at a time watching it. Too complicated. Too....something. Mostly just not what I'm in the mood for. But the eye candy is nice.

No comments: