Friday, December 7, 2007

Drink Up, Me Hearties, Yo Ho

Um...yeah. Watched Pirates 3. So glad I got it on Netflix instead of sitting in the theatre. The rest of the audience wouldn't have appreciated what Steve and I did to it. It started with an explosion scene reminiscent of Apocalypse Now and contained waaay too many Elizabeth Swann speeches - one of which made Steve say "What? This isn't Braveheart!" All Hail the Mighty Johnny Depp who carried the movie with great pizazz. He is very talented and were it not for him I wouldn't have lasted more than 10 minutes into the movie.

Moral of the story? Unless you need closure, don't waste your almost THREE HOURS. Seriously. And if you need a Johnny Depp fix, come with me and we'll see Sweeney Todd. Which will, of course, rock.

(PS - for good Bill Nighey, watch Love, Actually. With some insulin on hand ;-))

Anyway, I'm off to bathe - have a new stash of goodies from Lush that I adore - and mentally prep for what is going to be a very long weekend. Birthday dinner, Baby shower. In that order. There will be pictures of the latter on the googlepage.

Happy Weekend!

No comments: