Wednesday, September 10, 2008

In The Words Of Margaret Cho: "AAAAUUUGGGHGHHHHH!"



We'll start with that. Remember this blog, in which I said:

"Surely, there's something to this eating local thing - supporting local farmers when farm subsidies are drying up, etc etc. And you know where your food comes from so you've got a better chance of knowing what 's in it. No High-Fructose Corn Syrup, or, as I like to call it, Devil Spawn. And for those of you who would like to point to my Coke habit, I then point you to the fact that not only is it in a Glass bottle, but it was bottled in Mexico -using SUGAR. The only other time that occurs is at passover because HFCS is not kosher."

I saw the above commercial and...well. I was unprepared. If you watch from 1:45 - 3:45 you'll see what I was feeling as I watched. (And if you stay in that time, it's work appropriate.)



I told Husband that if we started seeing pro-PVC commercials, we're leaving the country. I hear Vancouver's nice...

I"m sure you recognize short-haired chick in the above commercial. Ironically (or not) she's played a demon on Buffy.

I'm going to leave you with another (this time not so work appropriate) clip from Margaret Cho's Revolution Tour. Ironically - both of these are from the same tour, which Steve and I saw when she came through Dallas with it. I should have heeded her warning at the time...also - it's proof that almost everything is funny if enough time has passed. And that sharing is cathartic.





PS - LOVE her outfit.

No comments: