Saturday, June 7, 2008

This is how you celebrate a birthday

Or at the very least, how you start the celebration.

At The Cure Concert. Word. Images here. Crappy video here, here, and here. Last night. It was greatness. I have no words. Robert Smith looks exactly the same. Sounds fantastic. Can't wait for the new album to drop this fall.

It was a great birthday gift from my husband. Stellar Tipping of the Hat to the Venerated Age of Thirty even taking into consideration the following: 1) It's fully a month before my birthday. (When Robert Smith says "June 6th, Dallas" you say "What time?" and not "Want to wait a month and a day and then it'll be on my birthday?" Ok, maybe if you're his wife/mother/bff/child you can. But not me. We just bought tickets.) and B) I was sober. All night. Other people drank more than enough than their share and mine. Including, but not limited to: crazy topless guy who danced as though he were having some some kind of 60s Golden Gate Park acid trip flashback combined with a need to "Be A Tree" and perhaps an epileptic fit. Also: chick in turquoise who was ushered out by security when she started pole dancing on the safety railing. Not Even Kidding. We were only in the beginning of the second encore, too. I thought there might have been a 3rd "This rocked even though" but no. It would have been cooler if we'd had more friends, but sometimes you gotta date your spouse. And we did. Mexican food at some joint in Victory and then concert. OH - there was a 3rd: I had to be up at 6:30 this morning to get to work at Cooper. And not just that, but to also feed my boss's 13 cats. Wait...15. He's since adopted two more strays. 15 cats. This is what it looks like when I walk on his porch:

only with many more cats.


In other news, I downloaded some pinhole camera templates and I'm going to be figuring that out. I love the look you get from a pinhole image. I'll give it a shot and get back to you. If you'd like to join me - either as fellow photographer or subject, let me know. I love a good guinea pig.


In yet other news: started working out again. Yoga monday tuesday, a sad weight workout wed (I have exercise ADD and weights make me crazy bored) climbed thursday. Danced like crazy (Cardio, anyone) Friday and then Saturday morning Abs With Toddlers. One of these weekends I'll get Morgan to take pictures so that I can show you. It's greatness. Even when not cleared for straight-up working out, a bit of this on a saturday a.m. and my abs are still in vaguely decent shape. Now that I'm greenlighted, however...I have a goal. It ends with washboard. :-D

And that's all the news that fit to print today.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I definitely want follow up on the pinhole camera!

Crystal said...

That is funny that you mention a pinhole camera. I just happen to still have the pinhole camera that I made in art class in seventh grade. I thought it was pretty cool. Let me know how yours turns out!