Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Bowl and Tsunami Tuesday

I would like to open this blog with the same thought I had this time last year: Sweet Mother of Abraham Lincoln am I glad there's a grace period between childless adult and parent of 3 school aged children. Because I think I slept for 12 hours straight once I got home Thursday night. And it felt GOOD. Also good? Not having to make lunch at 6:30 in the morning. I don't like making much more than cereal at 6:30 in the morning. Assuming I'm awake, that is.

Sunday night there was a game. An historic game, if what people say is true. I don't know. I'm not much for pro sports, football in particular. But I was rooting for the Giants, so that was nice. I even made Lucky Cupcakes (red velvet) for the occasion. Why was I rooting for the Giants, you ask? Because I have one of those jobs that really feels it when the economy tanks. People start to notice jobs drying up and suddenly they no longer feel the need to convert that extra room into something completely decadent - like a spa-bath or a full on Jessica Simpson-style dressing room. And they're suddenly very in love with the couch they hated two months ago. Why does this matter? Because of some theory that someone who knows posited about pre-1970 AFL teams winning the superbowl. Or something. What it boiled down to: Giants Win, Economy Soars. Patriots win, economy tanks. Go. Eli. Manning. (Also, a Friend-Who-Knows made a comment to the effect of "rooting for the Patriots is like rooting for the Nazis." I have nothing to back this up with, I'm just telling you what I heard.)

In other news: Hilary cried today. Again. She must be running for Crybaby in Chief. We all know she's human. But I'd be more moved by a new hair-do than more waterworks. Seriously. Does she think that it's stirring? That it will inspire the masses? Because she's wrong. I'm kind of looking for Heartless Bitch in my leaders. You want to lead? You have to make the hard decisions and not cry over the kitten that got in the way. Or not cry in Public, at any rate. Cry in the shower like the rest of us, lady!

If you want something moving, watch this. And remember- Scarlett Johansson is FIERCE. (For confirmation, see this.)

And remember, Vote Early and Often. As long as the primaries are in your state. If you're in Texas...March 4. You don't have to be registered with a party. Vote your conscience.

No comments: