Thursday, January 10, 2008

Like a Refrigerator

Withdrawal happens in three main parts:

1) Not much happens the first couple of days, which lulls you into a false sense of security.

2) The tip of your nose tickles incessantly and you get a slight rebound headache.

3) The medication starts to vacate your body like rats from a ship and you hum with the vibrations of millions of tiny little rat feet running over your nerve endings. Put your hand to a refrigerator while the compressor is on. Now imagine your entire body doing that for DAYS. Add in a headache, some dizziness and nausea....and you've got a cranky, cranky Emily all weekend. Poor Steve. It's a good thing we're already married because I was Heather Chandler all weekend. (My Damage? Withdrawal) I canceled plans and even though the people on whom I canceled just felt shafted, they have no idea how much the quality of their evenings improved without my presence. There will be penance baking, I just know it.

It's finally wearing off. Just my scalp tingles a bit now, but I assume that's because the concentration of the medication was there - you know, keeping my membranes from re-inflaming themselves.

The googlepage has been infuriatingly slow and free-thinking lately but I think I wrangled it into submission. Check it out for some New Year Week in Conroe Highlights. Not pictured: Howard and Leigh. But we did have lunch with them Sunday and we did finally meet Leigh and I do genuinely like her. So there's that. For what it's worth.

It's on the vacation page of the googlepage. Follow the link at right.

No comments: