Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The First Big Phone Call

We were on the phone for an hour and a half this morning. There is so much to process. I'm digesting and when I can present it coherently, I will loop you in.

For right now, though, I'm sharing my first ever purchase for our child:


It's a first printing, if you can believe it. I found it at a lovely little used bookstore here. It's fabulous on many levels:

1) It's Eloise, who is timeless and wonderful.
2) She's in Paris, where will plan on living for a little while at some point.
3) We're adopting a GIRL.

Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

OMG, Emmie! I just popped in on your blog (this is Passanie from the nest). That's freaking awesome! Congrats!

Brakes and Gas said...

Hi! I just about passed out when I saw that book on your blog. We named our daughter Eloise after the Kay Thompsan character! Congratulations!

Brakes and Gas said...

PS: I am Mrs.Wubbin from the nest.