Wednesday, November 5, 2008

American Boy


Oh yeah. You know it.

(not my photo...can't find the original credit. If it's yours, let me know so I can credit you.)

(photo: JFK Library)

I'm sure that there have been and will be many a comparison between JFK and President Elect Barack Obama (who, as Chris Rock says: Has a name so Black you expect him to be carrying a spear.) But I like this one: youth in the White House. His daughters are in their most pliable stage of life. To be around that power and confidence - from both parents - will serve them, and our country, very well. Here's hoping they don't name the First Dog something dumb.

Now I could fill the rest of this with quotes from one of his many inspirational speeches, but you have Google if you need to catch up.

What I will say is this: this is a man who was born into the Civil Rights Movement. He lived a life of honesty and resilience. This was a very polarizing election, with record turnouts and for the first time in almost a decade: a clear winner. The country has spoken. And in the morning, the flag was still there.




This is interesting.

(PS - my heart breaks for him over the loss of his grandmother. I had a hard time getting out of bed when mine passed away.)

And now...because I'm video happy...I'll leave you with what some people called The Song Of Summer:




No comments: